Sunrise at Lanikai Beach

Sunrise at Lanikai Beach

Friday, December 27, 2013

What's In a Tweet? Basketball and much more!

The majority of people I know, do not use Twitter. It's a social networking website where you can post/write whatever you want in 140 characters or less. You can "follow" other people to see what they are writing about, and others can "follow" you if they so choose. Twitter is sort-of similar to Facebook in it's general purpose, but it requires you to be brief and to the point.

I became a Twitter user probably about 2 years ago, but became active on a daily basis about a year ago. I actually enjoy it more than Facebook! I have more fun with my posts, I get most of my news from it, and I keep up with my favorite sports teams very easily through Twitter.

I currently "follow" 164 people/places and I have 59 gracious "followers." God Bless them! Since joining Twitter I've made 1,729 tweets! I get news from my favorite Lexington and Honolulu news stations. I keep up with all my teams (Kentucky Wildcats, Cincinnati Reds, etc.) directly, and by following the sports media/broadcasters that cover them each day. I can even follow current & past players or coaches! Talk about staying connected! Of course I also enjoy keeping up with my friends on Twitter. And just to keep things interesting I get quotes & mind-blowing facts throughout each day.

Well....Today was the annual college basketball game between in-state rivals the Kentucky Wildcats and the Louisville Cardinals. Each year this is the game I stress over the most - but also have the most fun anticipating and experiencing the game! During last season I started using Twitter to provide my personal commentary during some Kentucky games. If I'm able to watch it live, then I'm usually on the iPad simultaneously tweeting out comments right & left. They may be funny. Or stupid. Or entertaining. You may disagree or agree. But I do have a lot of fun with it!

Below is a look at all of my commentary on Twitter during today's game. Enjoy! The order begins with the latest tweet. So if you work way from the bottom --> up it will be in the correct timeline of the UK vs. UofL game.









No comments: