Sunrise at Lanikai Beach

Sunrise at Lanikai Beach

Friday, July 15, 2011

Top Twelves of Summer - Part 2 (Movies)

Earlier in the week I posted by Top Twelve Drum Corps shows, as I reflected on what best represents summer for me. Going with that theme here is the 2nd installment of my Top Twelves.

Every summer is known for its' blockbuster movies. Today is that day for 2011 as the final Harry Potter movie just began midnight showings on opening night. I still remember standing in line for the opening of the movie "Independance Day" starring Will Smith, in July of 1996. My best friend, Joe, and I were the FIRST in line at the new Lexington Green Cinemas to see the blockbuster that year. Not sure that will ever happen again for me!

Here are my favorite 12 movies with some short excerpts included for your viewing pleasure.

For those of you that are young at heart, scroll all the way down and find my 4 year old daughter's Top Twelve Movies!


1. Good Will Hunting




2. Thirteen Days




3. Mr. Holland's Opus




4. Jerry Maguire




5. Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum




6. Runaway Jury




7. Rent




8. Top Gun




9. Radio



10. Pursuit of Happiness




11. Changing Lanes




12. Green Mile





MY 5 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER'S CURRENT TOP TWELVE

1. Hercules
2. Sleeping Beauty
3. Princess and the Frog
4. Little Mermaid
5. Toy Story 1, 2 & 3
6. Tangled
7. Cars
8. Horton Hear's a Who!
9. Lilo & Stitch
10. Lion King
11. Finding Nemo
12. Pochahontas

No comments: