Sunrise at Lanikai Beach

Sunrise at Lanikai Beach

Monday, May 9, 2011

I Woke Up This Morning...

I Woke Up This Morning a few minutes after 7:00am and made the short 10 foot walk to my home office.  Typically on Monday mornings, I will fire up the computer and before I start working, I'll take a quick glance at Facebook to see what's new with my "799" friends.  Then I quickly checkout the Kentucky Sports Radio blog (which I'm addicted to!) and make sure there isn't any crazy news from overnight with my beloved Kentucky Wildcats basketball & football teams.

Well...today was a little different. I'm not quite sure what inspired it, but I decided today was the day I needed to start writing a blog on a regular basis.  Did you know that there are websites that tell you the Do's & Don'ts of naming (let alone writing!) a blog?  I eagerly waited for this work day to end so I could start designing & writing on this crazy new adventure.

Life is busy. But my goal to start things out is to make a post 2 days a week.  If you are reading this right now, do you think you can handle that?  Lately, I've felt like I have a lot to say. And for those of you who know me well, probably know I don't keep things inside much.  I usually tell my closest friends WAY more than they probably want to know.  I like sharing stories about my life & usually won't think twice about sharing various thoughts I have on things. So I think this blog is going to be perfect for me.  I can not quite put my finger on what pushed me to take this leap today, but I'm really looking forward to it.

You'll probably ready a bunch of stories about my family.  With Teri & I having a 4 year old daughter & a newborn son coming this August, my family is obviously at the center of my life.  You can also count on seeing posts down the road that talk about my faith, my beliefs, and my wonderful church.  There is no doubt that family & the church define who I am today.  The third item I plan to include on a regular basis is a frequent tidbit about music. God put me on earth to share my faith & my talents through music, and so I am thinking about expressing that God-given gift within just about every post.  You might read some lyrics to a song that touched my heart.  Or hear a song via YouTube that I think is worth your time to check out. You should also know that I've always got a song in my head, and I may just post a link on the bottom of something I've written to make you suffer through a day of it instilled in your head also.  We'll see.....

To all you crazy people still reading this rant - I feel blessed to know it's worth your time.


MUSICAL SUGGESTION:  "I WOKE UP THIS MORNIN'"
This was the best recording I could find online!

No comments: